You’´ll never forget
Low price, high value!
Ouarzazate & Ait Ben Haddou
World Heritage Place
One day excursion from Marrakech! From the buzzing imperial city we will cross the High Atlas Mountains to visit Ait ben Haddou and Ouarzazate. The best trip if you have a few days in Marrakesh – these cities are unmissable!
Early morning pick up at the hotel in Marrakesh to start the tour! Discover Morocco quickly, thoroughly, and enjoying the ride with other adventurers.
We have received many requests for day trips to different points of interest outside of Marrakech, so here we offer this brief but intense one day trip. We have a variety of daytrip options in Morocco, fit for all types of traveller and budgets.
Here’s a useful article on the best daytrips from Marrakech
Travel Organization: External travel organization
OUARZAZATE & AIT BEN HADDOU EXCURSION FROM MARRAKECH
Day 1 – Marrakesh – Ouarzazate – Ait ben Haddou – Marrakesh
The tour will cover the two cities almost obligatory to visit whilst in Marrakesh. We’ll take you directly to see the High Atlas Mountains in all their splendor, traveling on one of the highest roads in North Africa, to reach Tichka (2660 m). We will be stopping in the most scenic spots to take pictures of the Berber villages that are surrounded by mountains. Heading down from the mountains, it will be time to enjoy the first of the panoramic views of the Atlas and its quaint sun-dried houses. We will then take a detour to visit the 11th century Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, and its Kasbah which is declared World Heritage and historical treasure by UNESCO. Fall in love with these cities, unique sites to leave you speechless.
Did you know that…
- The name Marrakesh means ‘land of God’ in Berber. The city can be found in the intersection between the desert and the peaks of the Atlas
- South of High Atlas, you can find the ‘1000 Kasbahs’ land. A kasbah is an ancient fortified village used to accommodate the local chief to defend the territory
- Because of beauty of the area, between Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou, also knows as the ‘door to the desert’, numerous movies have been filmed there, including Gladiator, The Jewel of the Nile and Sahara
*This schedule may suffer changes due to traffic, weather or other external and unpredictable reasons.
What is included:
- 1 day trip from Marrakech.
- Transportation in mini van, or mini bus.
What’s not included?
- Everything that is not mentioned in “What’s included?”
- Travel insurance and cancellation insurance
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
- Local guides
Book your trip for only 7€…
…the outstanding balance will be paid once you arrive in Marrakesh
*Discounts cannot be applied
*Places subject to availability