You’ll never forget
Price for students
Spectacular natural beauty
Discover the magical region of Vasatokka! As it is situated in the most northern part of Europe, it is the best city to see the Northern Lights from, as well as being an unbelievable deal with this trip’s adventure to the exciting Arctic Ocean, included in the price! So don’t wait any longer to have the most unforgettable experience!!
- From 14th to 20th March 2020
- From 18th to 24th March 2020
*Choose the date when you make your reservation
Preliminary itinerary. Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Dates of the trip subject to availability.
Helsinki:Departure at 22:00 from the Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino) Mikonkatu 17).
*Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 7 days and 6 nights of trip
- 4 nights in wood cabins or apartaments in Vasatokka.
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- 4 Breakfasts
- Multiple rooms
- Visit of the Saariselkä ski resort (Skypass and gear not included)
- Day trip by bus to the Arctic Ocean in Norway
- Visiting the Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi
- All transport, parking and toll costs
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 8 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Snowmobile Safari (From 95€):
The snowmobiles are a convenient mean of transport beyond the Arctic Circle. Locals use them anywhere. You’ll enjoy an about 3 hours route through hidden places. Snowmobile are for 2 people, but drivers must hold a valid international driving license.
Night-time Snowshoe Safari (From 35€):
At dusk, we will meet to experience one of the oldest ways to explore the snowy forest of the Arctic region. After a brief introduction, you will walk for about 2-3km with a GPS through the forest and if we are lucky, we will enjoy the northern lights. You will learn how to make fire without matches and you will celebrate with a BBQ!
Reindeer Farm (From 30€):
During the visit to the reindeer farm, you will get familiar with the Saami (the indigenous nation living in the Northernmost territories of Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia) and their reindeers, have a short reindeer sledge ride and learn how to use lasso – lappish style. After, you will go to the cosy Kota to have a tea and meet the real Saami!
Husky Safari (From 75€):
Siberian huskies are strong cheerful dogs that really love pulling sledges! After a quick lesson in the basics, the huskies will take you on a magical tour. The sledges accommodate two people and both of you will have the opportunity to drive for about 5 km. The safari ends back at base camp with a hot snack and a warming cup of tea.
Tour to the Arctic Ocean (From 59€):
During this guided day bus tour you will learn more about the arctic nature, three sámi cultures and Finnish Kven culture located in the Bugoynes village on the shore of the Arctic Ocean. In addition, you will see breathtaking landscapes have a chance to walk on the shore of the Arctic ocean and even swim there. You have also a possibility to taste a traditional fish soup in a local restaurant. The tour is about 550 km in total and takes about 8 hrs.
Cross-Country Skiing (From 20€):
n this activity, you will get to experience one of the most Finnish things to do – cross country skiing!
Arctic Challenge (Included):
In this activity, you will learn useful and fun skills how to survive in the Arctic wilderness- quinzee (snow shelter) building, ice fishing and fire making. All activities are organised by professional wilderness guides and instructors.
*Kindly note that extra activities can only be booked online up to 8 days before the departure through the booking form. Is it possible to book the activities in Lapland, but you take the risk of overbooking, also prices increase (between 5/10€ per activity). Englis speaking guides.
*In case of an accident caused by the driver in the Night in Safari with snowmobile, he/ she must pay the minimum of 850€.
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like
Spend a week like a true Finnish person! Two types of accommodation are on offer: comfortable wood cabins with a capacity of 6-10 people, or apartments with 3-6 people.
–Cabins: Electric heating, oven equipped with a stove, fridge, microwave, coffee machine and basic kitchenware, chimney, TV, bath and hairdryer.
-Apartments: living room with TV, kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, coffee machine and basic kitchenware, bath.
In Vasatokka there is a Wi-Fi- connection and one free client computer in the Vasatokka main building. Please notice, that while there is no Wi-Fi or Internet in the cottages some of the dorm rooms in the main building may catch the main building’s Wi-Fi signal.
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Organization of the trip:
- External organization.
1. Cancelling 35 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 35 and 21 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 21 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 15 days and 72 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 72 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.