You’ll never forget
Price for students
Spectacular natural beauty
Levi, the party resort of Lapland! You’ll stay in the most popular ski-resort in Finland, and be surrounded by expansive wilderness and wild parties. The perfect arctic adventure for students!
- From 7th to 13th December 2020
*Choose the date when you make your reservation
Preliminary itinerary. Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
Dates of the trip subject to availability.
Helsinki: Departure at 22:00 from the Railway Station Square (in front of the Casino) Mikonkatu 17).
*Final schedule will be sent by email to the participants 2 days before the departure.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 7 days and 6 nights of trip
- 4 nights in wood cabins/cottages in Levi with sauna (shared accommodation)
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- Multiple rooms
- Visiting the Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi
- Visit of Arktikum museum
- 1 day ski pass
- Bed linen and towels
- All transport, parking and toll costs
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 8 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Santa Claus Village (Included):
Visit to the Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi – 2 hours – Time for photos, food and other activities. Get to know the real Santa Claus, snap a selfie with him, enjoy a drink or lunch at a local café, shop for souvenirs, and send postcards from Santa’s official post office.
Snowboard or ski pass 1 day (Included):
Levi has it all! Lots of blue slopes for beginners, red for intermediate slopes and black for experts. Freeskiers can enjoy the Lappish-style Snowpark and Street. The ski season in Levi generally begins around the end of October and lasts until mid-May.
Husky Safari (From 85€):
Siberian huskies are strong cheerful dogs that really love pulling sledges! After a quick lesson in the basics, the huskies will take you on a magical tour. The sledges accommodate two people and both of you will have the opportunity to drive for about 5 km. The safari ends back at base camp with a hot snack and a warming cup of tea.
Cross-Country Skiing + SPA (From 55€):
Finland’s national sport, our guides will prime you in the basic skiing techniques, and then you’ll be off, striding and gliding through amazing scenery along the best cross-country ski trails in the world. The program finishes with a tasty traditional Finnish soup lunch and a visit to the SPA.
Snowshoeing (From 45€):
When dusk descends and the stars come out, the adventure begins! If we’re lucky, we can gaze in wonder at the Northern Lights. On our way down, we call in at a Lapp hut for a snack and a tasty hot drink before bedtime. The activity takes from 2 to 3 hours.
Trip to the Arctic Ocean, Norway (From 85€):
Full day activity. You will experience breathtaking landscapes, walk on the shores of the Arctic Ocean and even swim in it. You’ll also meet and learn about the indigenous peoples who’ve lived in this cold and inhospitable region for thousands of years.
Reindeer Safari (From 45€):
The visit includes a reindeer safari which is about one kilometer long. Trail goes partly in the forest where you will also have the chance to feed the reindeer if you like and of course take some photos. At the house we will enjoy a hot drink. This program lasts about 1 to 1.5 hours.
Snowmobile Safari (From 99€):
Excursion of about 30km (2 hours) through hidden places and visit of old-fashioned reindeer farms. Includes a stop parada into a traditional old cabin for a hot drink and a bun. Snowmobile are for 2 people, but drivers must hold a valid international driving license.
Hunting Northern Lights (From 65€):
It would be a sin to end the trip without having seen the northern lights live and direct. In this 3-hour excursion the best sites for viewing the northern lights will be visited, traveling by bus. Don’t miss nature’s most incredible light show!
Arctic Skills (55€):
Want to push your limits in the Arctic environment of Finnish Lapland? We offer an exciting learning-by-doing opportunity for you. During this adventurous activity, you will gain not only once-in-a-lifetime experience but also plenty of knowledge from our experienced guides. Learn how to build a teepee, make a fire without matches and basics of Ice fishing. Previous outdoor experience not required.
*Kindly note that extra activities can only be booked online up to 8 days before the departure through the booking form. Is it possible to book the activities in Lapland, but you take the risk of overbooking, also prices increase (between 5/10€ per activity). Englis speaking guides.
*In the event of a snowmobile accident caused by the driver, he/she will be charged a minimum fee of €850.
Idioma del tour:
El idioma principal del tour será el Inglés. No obstante se realizarán traducciones puntuales en la medida de lo posible para los participantes de habla hispana ya que no es factible realizar el tour el 2 idiomas simultáneos.
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like:
Accommodation is right in the heart of Levi. All the services are only a few steps away from the accommodation (Grocery stores, Pistes, Ski tracks, Alko, Restaurants, Clubs etc.). The kitchens of the apartments are well equipped. There is a panel TV, stereos/a DVD-player, a drying cabinet, a sauna and shower(s) in every apartment. Smoking is not allowed inside the apartments! Please notice that some of the apartments have double beds so you may have to share a bed.
There is no wifi in the cabins, but remember, we’re in Lapland to enjoy it! Anyway there are various wifi points in the village.
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Organization of the trip:
- External organization
1. Cancelling 35 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 35 and 21 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 21 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 15 days and 72 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 72 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.