Europe is without a doubt the oldest and most historical continent in the world, which has led to its political, cultural and, in particular, territorial diversity.
So, our amazing staff will do their best to ensure that problems caused by diversity are kept to a minimum. We also want to give you some advice if you want to buy some souvenirs or something to eat:
- Pay with card where possible
- Exchange money beforehand (although it’s not always possible)
- Don’t change currency at the airport as you’ll usually be ripped off!
- Don’t trust announcements saying, “0 commission” – keep an eye on what you are paid using the exchange rate
- Exchange money where Unitrips staff tell you to avoid any surprises
- Pay in Euros – in many countries the stores will accept Euros. They often exchange the money in your favour!
Below is a list of countries that we normally visit on our tours and eurotrips, so that you know beforehand what the European currencies are and what language you’ll need to practice to communicate with locals:
|Poland||Warsaw||Polish Zloty (PLN)||Polish|
|Czech Republic||Prague||Czech Koruna (CZK)||Czech|
|Vatican City||Vatican City||Euro (EUR)||Italian|
|Switzerland||Bern||Swiss Franc (CHF)||French, German|
|Belgium||Brussels||Euro (EUR)||Dutch, French|
|Monaco||Monte Carlo||Euro (EUR)||French|
|Sweden||Stockholm||Swedish Krona (SEK)||Swedish|
|Denmark||Copenhagen||Danish Krone (DKK)||Danish|
|Turkey||Istanbul||Turkish Lira (TRY)||Turkish|
|Macedonia||Skopje||Macedonian Denar (MKD)||Macedonian|
|Serbia||Belgrade||Serbian Dinar (RSD)||Serbian|
|Bosnia and Herzagovina||Sarajevo||Convertible Mark (BAM)||Bosnian|
|Ireland||Dublin||Euro (EUR)||English, Gaelic|
|United Kingdom||London||British Pound (GBP)||English|