You’ll never forget
Super spring offer!
And all its variety
World Heritage Site
Experience an incredible 3-day tour from Marrakech to the Sahara Desert! From a bustling souk in Marrakesh, to tiny villages hidden by palm trees, and finally riding a camel to the desert where you’ll sleep among stars and dunes, this 3 day express tour hits the balance between speed and detail; not to be missed!
Daily departures. If you are booking at short notice, please contact us directly soon so we can confirm availability.
Early morning pick up at the hotel in Marrakesh to start the tour! Discover Morocco quickly, thoroughly, and enjoying the ride with other adventurers.
We offer complete tours so you can get to know the incredible Morocco starting from Marrakesh!
- We offer various tour options around Morocco for every type of backpacker and avid traveller.
- Prefer a different or private tour? Don’t hesitate to contact us so we can offer you a custom made tour.
Let yourself be seduced and fall in love with this beautiful country!
3-DAY TOUR BETWEEN MARRAKESH AND THE SAHARA
Day 1 - Marrakesh - Port Tichka - Ait Ben Haddou - Skoura Palm Grove - Dades Gorge
Our first stop is the High Atlas mountain range, and more specifically Tzi Tichka (2260m). We will take the highest asphalt road in Northern Africa to get there, a road that used to be only for suitable for mules until the French reconstructed it. During our ride, we will be able to see the ancient towns hiding in the valleys and a great variety of scenery. While heading to Ait Ben Haddou, we will cross the southern side of Atlas where you will find completely different, strikingly green, view. In Ait Ben Haddou we will visit the famous Kasbah which is declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
After lunch, we will continue our adventure towards Throats of Dades, but first, we will pass through palm groves of Skoura to discover small villages and gardens hidden under the palm trees.
Haven’t had enough? Don’t worry there is loads left! We still need to see Dades Gorge, breathtaking scenery known as the fingers of the monkeys or the brain of the Atlas.
Did you know that…
-The word Marrakesh actually means “the land of God” in Bereber. This city is between the desert and the summit of High Atlas
-The legendary land of the 1000 moroccan kasbahs can be seen from the south of High Atlas. The kasbahs, or fortresses, are built for defensive purposes
– Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou are also known as “the door of the desert” due to their picturesque character. Many well-known movies such as Gladiator, The Jewel of the Nile, and Sahara were shot here
Day 2 - Dades Gorge - Todra Gorge - Erfoud - Merzouga
After having breakfast, we will take off to our next destination, Throats of Todra, which is a paradise for rock-climbers! The river Todra formed the daunting vertical walls that make up the beautiful scenery and will make you feel tiny! After having lunch in a local restaurant we will pass by Erfoud, also known as the “Gate of the Sahara Desert”, known for its film appearances and its location by Erg Chebbi. From here we will make our way to the Merzouga Dunes.
Once we reach Merzouga, we will ride some friendly camels to get us to the camp Haimas which is surrounded by dunes. Before having dinner, we can climb up the dunes and feel the tranquil and peaceful atmosphere of the desert. Then, we will sleep under thousands of stars in the middle of the desert.
Did you know that…
– The Throat of Dades gets its name from the river that passes through it
– It’s an enormous throat or gap that extends many kilometers above sea level
– It is also known as the “Route of the 1000 Kashbahs”, showing the importance of this place
– Rissani is famous for its market. Locals initiated the market centuries ago and it still opens now on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
– Rissani was the commercial center of the country in th 14th century and this tradition still stands
– Even though Merzouga is in the middle of the desert, it is still full of tourism so you will be able to find every type of hotel and activity you could want!
Day 3 - Merzouga - Ouarzazate – Marrakesh
After enjoying the grandeur of the desert under millions of stars, we will start heading back early in the morning to see the sun rise whilst riding our friend the camel. After having breakfast, we will pass through the silent city of Ouarzazate. This city is famous for its Kasbah Teloulet and movie studios. This city is now the administrative center of Morocco and is also the starting point for the 52-day camel ride to Timbuktu. You will also find the Valley of Draâ here, whose main produce is dates. From here we will continue our trip towards Marrakesh.
On the last day, depending on the time of your flight, you may have a few hours to visit Marrakesh and its medina, market, or the Palace of Bahia. If you have time you should definitely visit the Menara and the Garden of Marjorelle! We would recommend you arrive at the airport extra early because you might need to have your flight ticket and passport stamped before boarding.
Did you know that…
– Erg Chebbi, with 30km length and 8km width, is actually the biggest desert in Morocco. Inside the area surrounded by dunes, there are a lot of Haimas to visit
This schedule may suffer changes due to traffic, weather or other external and uncontrollable circumstances.
Starting point: Marrakesh
Pick up in the hotel to start the tour around 7.00-7.30am
We reccommend adding two extra nights in Morocco to make the most of this kind of tour: one night before and one night following the trip, due to the early start on the first day and the last finish on the last. Consequently, we cannot take responsibility if you miss the return flight.
We can happily organise your extra nights and even sort out accommodation in a traditional Moroccan riad. We can also organise your flights if you so wish! Don’t hesitate to contact us to let us know and we’ll sort out any doubts you have.
To get to Marrakesh you have several flights EVERY DAY with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like:
If you have any problem regarding flights or schedules, we can give you a hand: read this article or don’t hesitate to contact us!
What is included:
- 3 days trip in mini van with air-conditioning
- 1 night in Hotel in Dades Valley with breakfast
- 1 night in nomadic haimas in the desert with dinner and breakfast
- Transport by camel to and from the desert tent
- Stops in important places of interest
- Travel insurance
- Extra night in Marrakesh
- Extra food and drink
- Entrance to monuments
- Local guide
Book your trip for only 30 €…
…the outstanding balance will be payed once you arrive in Marrakesh
*Discounts cannot be applied
*Places subject to availability
Otros viajes que podrían resultar de tu interés
Mini Moroccan Tour
Express tour, between Marrakesh city and the Zagora Desert.
2 days from 80€
Departure from Marrakech
Between Marrakesh and the Desert
We are going to sleep in the Dades Valley and then spend 2 nights in the Sahara desert.
4 days from 150€
Departure from Marrakech