You’ll never forget
Now for only €415
World Heritage Sites
Tired of exams? It’s time to party and enjoy the beach! Join Unitrips for this adventure through the Mediterranean where we’ll explore the coast of Italy without forgetting the tiny towns along the way and the heat of the Mediteranean sea!
Scroll down to book!
9th to 14th June
0’ Day - *Madrid - *Barcelona
Enough of the books, overlook any stress, and let’s get going towards Barcelona, the first step of ourEuropean summer adventure. We’ll leave Madrid on the 8th of June at 00.30 and arrive in Barcelona in the morning. Recharge your batteries, because a great Unitrips journey is waiting for you. Are you ready?
Bus*: From Madrid to Barcelona and accommodation in Barcelona = €60
Did you know that…
– The Construction of Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia is endless. The builder stated that “God had all the time on the planet to see it completed”, which means his work will be ongoing for a lifetime and will not have an end date
-Barcelona has a city under its feet; the sewage framework, whose peculiar structure has brought about shootings of movies like Rec or The Machinist
– There are routes in the city that are best explained by the writer Carlos Ruiz Zafon
1’ Day - Barcelona - Cruise Ship
Here is where we really start our adventure, and where the cruise ship sets sail from.
We’ll spend the night on an elegant boat with all the necessary facilities to make the journey enjoyable: a nightclub, games room, restaurants, 24h cafes, pool, gym, health center, casino… so grab a gin and tonic and let yourself be carried by the Mediterranean breeze!
We’ll see you at the Barcelona port at 16.00 to start our big adventure by crossing the Mediterranean.
2’ Day - Civitavecchia - Rome
After spending a night navigating the clear waters of the Mediterranean we will arrive to Civitavecchia, an old Roman port which is very cloe to Rome. Here, we will get on board our super bus, and as all roads lead to Rome, we’ll follow them to the eternal city!
Rome is known as the “Eternal City” as here, time appears to have ceased hundreds of years back. As a result of the large number of remaining landmarks, strolling through the lanes turns into a trip back so the capital’s golden age.
The capital of Italy and previous “caput mundi” awaits us with its vast history. There are a lot of reasons to visit Rome, be captivated by the city, and want to return; the gastronomy and lively vibe to name a few. Before getting settled, walk through the streets and taste the Italian cuisine, and in typical roman style, eat an ie cream…
Did you know that…
– In the Cathedral of St. Peter in Rome there are stars on the marble floor, right amidst a passageway that goes through the focal nave. They represent the length between different Catholic places of worship on the planet
– In Santa Maria in Cosmedin you can find the world’s most famous manhole cover: the Boca Della Verita. According to legend, he who puts his hand in his mouth and tells a lie will get a bite
– Rome has a very romantic park: the Villa Borghese, which, when viewed from the sky, is seen in the shape of the heart
3’ Day - Rome
Where to begin? Rome wasn’t built in a day, and in one day you cannot visit it either! We will start our tour visiting Castle Sant’Angelo, and also the smallest state in the world with the world’s largest church: Vatican City. Here, we will find the church of San Pedro, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, where Renaissance artists, like Michelangelo, left their mark.
Unsatisfied? We still need to visit the Pantheon, to tempt luck throwing a coin in the Trevi Fountain, see Saint John’s Archbasilica, and last but not least, to visit the sysmbol of the city, the most visited monument in Italy: the Coliseum. Despite being half destroyed it maintains the enchantment of its history.
Optional Pack*: Guided visit of Rome + Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums + Coliseum and Roman Walls = €55
4’ Day - Rome - Florence
We will leave the Eternal City behind and make our way north, passing through the beautiful Tuscany, an area famous for film! The soft nature with its green rolling hills, lined with cypresses and villas, is mixed with centuries of hisotry and relics of the medieval ages. After this charming journey we will arrive in Florence and enjoy the birthplace of the Renaissance.
Thanks to the Medici family, from the 18th century, Florence became a world reference for art: here, the streets were filled with writers, poets, painters, sculptors, and geniuses of the calibur or Rafaello, Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Dontello, Dante, Petrarch, Boccaccio, Botticelli, Machiavelli, Galileo… to name but a few!
Tuscan cuisine has many typical dishes, so don’t forget to try the typical Florentine steak! Or lampredotto… to always be accompanied by a Chianti wine.
Did you know that…
-Florence was the capital of Italy between 1865 and 1871
– The Ponte Vecchio bridge was the main monument in the city that survived the Nazi shelling in World War II, like Big Ben in London’s case
– The Fontana del Porcellino Florence is well known for an old tradition: if you throw a coin into the mouth of the boar statue and the coin lands in the splashing water, you will be brought good fortune
Want to know more?
5’ Day - Florence
“Buongiorno Principessa” said Benigni, an actor from the city of Florence, in the film “Life is Beautiful”.
Today you can visit numerous fine arts by these creators in the historical center of the Uffizi, or if walking round an exhibition hall is not for you, you could walk up the hill where you can simply see the fanciful arch of Brunelleschi which dominates the city.
Are you tired?? Better not be! Florence is a city full of life, and by night you can enjoy its university parties in the Santa Croce area.
More to find out about Florence…
6’ Day - Bye bye Italy
Finally the day has come to say goodbye to our new Unitrips friends, hoping to see them again soon on another trip!
*Those extras marked with (**) in the description need to be selected when you reserve your place for the tour through the reservation form. This is because numbers need to be booked far in advance.
**Those extras marked with (**) in the description are not in the form used to book your place. We will be in touch two weeks before the tour to ask about your interest in these extras and you can pay directly to the tour leader during the trip.
The program could suffer unforseen changes due to weather conditions, traffic… or the ability of the group to respect meeting times.
The cities where we will sleep are subject to availability, depending on the flexibility of the hotels or hostels. The quality of the establishment will not change.
Meeting Point: Barcelona
You will receive more information by email before the departure.
Want to go from Madrid to Barcelona? We give you the opportunity to go from Madrid, with one extra night’s accommodation in Barcelona to make the most of this great city.
This service will be carried out as a tour extra. Unitrips offers Bus transport + accommodation* in Barcelona for only €60.
- Journey Madrid-Barcelona: 7th June at 23.59
- Accommodation Barcelona: 8th June.
It’s pretty easy to travel to Barcelona, you can go:
- By bus
- By plane
- By train
If you go by plane you have several flights EVERY DAY with:
Check the prices in the companies’ webs, or in searchers like:
If you have any problem regarding flights or schedules, we can give you a hand: Read this article! or don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Transport in our comfortable Unibus to all the mentioned destinations
- 6 days and 5 nights in the best hostels or hotels in Europe:
- 1 night on a cruise ship
- 2 nights in Rome in Bungalow resort
- 2 nights in Florence
- 4 buffet breakfasts
- Multiple beds rooms – (or you can specify a single or double room)
- All transport costs
- All costs related to parking, transport and tolls
- Group leader during the whole trip
- Assistance throughout the whole trip
- Guided tours in mentioned cities given by tour leaders
- Many other surprises!
What’s not included?
- Everything that is not mentioned in “What’s included?”
- Transport to the starting point
- Travel insurance and cancellation
- Transport from Madrid to Barcelona on the 7th June + accommodation in Barcelona, 1 night (€60)
- Extra activity in Rome: Guided visit + Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums + Coliseum and Roman Walls (€50)
- Optional activities
- Entrance fees for monuments and attractions
- Visa fees or other administrative costs
- Transport within the cities (metro, taxi etc.)
Reserve your place for only €100…
…and pay the rest 30 days before departure
Minimum number of participants:
As this is a group trip, a minimum of 40 people are required for the trip to be confirmed.
Hotels and hostels:
The multiple rooms are from 3 to 9 beds, according to the availability of the establishment. If you want a double or single room, mark this extra in your booking form.
The main language on the trip will be Spanish, however all of our tour leaders speak both Spanish and English, and any written information you receive will be in English.