You’ll never forget
An unbeatable price
The Northern Lights
Spectacular natural beauty
Discover the magical region of Lapland! Visit the northernmost ski resort in Europe. Visit the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi and a reindeer farm maintained by the Sami people. Be captivated by the beauty of the Arctic landscape and if you’re lucky, the Northern Lights
VARIOUS DEPARTURE DATES
Day 1 -Departure Day
21.00 Departure from Helsinki railway station square (In front of the Casino) Address: Mikonkatu, 17
Day 2 - Santa Claus Village - Visit Lainio Snow Village - Arrival In Lapland
10.00 Arrival at Santa Claus Village. Meet the Santa Claus and cross the Arctic circle.
12.00 Departure from Santa Claus village.
14.30 Visiting the Lainio Snow Village (approx. 1,5 hours)
16.00 Departure from Lainio Snow Village and drive to Levi
17.15 Arrival in Levi. After arrival short tour by bus and then lodging/free time. (Grocery shopping)
Day 3 -Husky Safari - Cross Country Ski - Snowshoe Safari
09:45 Departure to Husky Safari
13:15 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi.
14:00 Cross-country ski
15:30 Estimated ending time of the program.
20:00 Snowshoe Safari
22:30 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi.
Day 4 - Tour of the Arctic Ocean
06:45 Bus departure towards Norway
09:00Gas station stop at Kaaresuvanto (30 min)
11:30 Arrival in Skibotn, Norway. Village tour by bus
12:15 Arctic swimming
13:15 Departure from Skibotn to Kilpisjärvi
14:00 Lunch at Kilpisjärvi (45 min)
17:00 Coffee break at local boutique. (45 min)
19:15 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi
Day 5 - Reindeer Safari - Snowmobile Safari - Ice Karting
09:45 Departure to Reindeer Safari
11:45 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi.
12:30 Departure to Snowmobile Safari
15:00 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi.
19:00 Departure to Ice Karting
20:15 Estimated ending time of the program and arrival to Levi.
23:00 Farewell Party
Day 6 - Free Time in Levi - Departure
11:00 Check-out. By this time all the apartments must be cleaned.
11:15 Free time
16:45 Meet up at the bus
17:00 Departure from Levi
Day 7 - Arrival Time
8.00 Estimated arrival in Helsinki
*Arrival times are estimates
*The program may suffer changes due to unforseen circumstances due to weather, traffic… or the ability of the group to shower quickly and respect givent meeting times.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 6 days and 6 nights in typical Finnish cabins and on the bus
- 4 nights in wood cabins in Levi
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- SPA in the rooms
- Multiple rooms
- Visiting the Santa Claus village in Rovaniemi
- Entrance to the Arktikum museum
- All transport costs
- Parking and toll fees
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 7 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner – option of half board)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Take into account:
There are various departure points from Finland to start the trip from. (Check the cities under the “plan” tab to see the pick up points and the corresponding times in each city, transport is included in the price).
You can opt to fly to:
- Helsinki: Transport by bus from Helsinki to Lapland is included in the price. (Harder trip but cheaper flights).
- Rovaniemi: Transport by bus from Rovaniemi to Lapland is included in the price. (Calmer trip but more expensive flights).
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like:
If you have any problem regarding flights or schedules, we can give you a hand: read this article or don’t hesitate to contact us!
Snowboard / Downhill Skiing (Various Prices):
Easy or challenging – Levi has it all! Lots of blue pistes for beginners, red ones for intermediate and black pistes for experts. Freeskiers can enjoy the Lappish style Snowpark and Street.
Trip to the Arctic Ocean in Norway (From €55):
A one-day bus tour during which you’ll not only experience breathtaking landscapes, walk on the shores of the Arctic Ocean and even swim in it, but you’ll also meet and learn about the indigenous peoples who’ve lived in this cold and inhospitable region for thousands of years – the Sámi (Lapp) people and the Finnish Kven’s in the fishing village of Bugøynes. You’ll also get the chance to taste traditional fish soup in a local restaurant. The 550-kilometre tour takes around 8 hours. A definite must-do for your bucket list!
Cross Country Skiing + SPA (From €40):
Apart from being Finland’s national sport, cross-country skiing is also a lot of fun. Our guides will prime you in the basic skiing techniques, and then you’ll be off, striding and gliding through amazing scenery along the best cross-country ski trails in the world – the very same trails that famous professional skiers come all the way to Finland to practice on! The program finishes with a tasty traditional Finnish soup lunch, after which we recommend a visit to Saariselkä spa for a relaxing sauna and jacuzzi! Feel like a real Finn!
Nighttime snowshoe trip (From €39):
On snowshoes, in the wilderness, with the help of a map and clues from your guide, each team attempts to be first to find the treasure hidden deep within the forest! On the way, you encounter challenges that can only be met by pooling your survival skills and pulling together as a team! So, let the best team win! If you’re lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights while you’re trekking through the trees. After the adventure, the fun continues in with a tasty two-course dinner in a restaurant with a happy Lappish atmosphere.
Ice Karting (From 55€):
Ice karting is great experience! High-performance cars with studded tyres ensure that even the most daring drivers can test their limits and see how hard the snowbanks are. The program includes two driving session each one for 15 min. Total driving time 30 min.
Night Snowmobile Safari (From €95):
Snowmobiles are one of the most convenient ways of getting around beyond the Arctic Circle. The locals use them to go to the grocery store or to visit friends on the other side of the hill. Although you don’t need a license to drive a snowmobile, previous driving experience is recommended. Our snowmobiles are two-seaters, which means that both of you will have the chance to drive for about 45 minutes. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, the route takes you to hidden places way out in the wilderness, from where you may be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights! For people who like a little adventure in their lives!
Huski Safari (From €65):
Siberian huskies are strong cheerful dogs that really love pulling sledges! After you’ve had a quick lesson in the basics, the huskies will take you on a magical tour through the snowy landscape. The sledges accommodate two people and both of you will have the opportunity to drive for about 5 kilometres. The safari ends back at base camp with a hot snack and a warming cup of tea.
Reindeer Farm (From 35€):
The visit includes a reindeer safari which is about one kilometer long. Trail goes partly in the forest. You will also have the chance to feed the reindeer if you like and of course take some photos. Moreover, you will also hear stories about reindeers’ life in Lapland. At the house we will enjoy a hot drink. This program lasts about 1-1.5 hours.
Levi SPA (From 20€):
Levi Spa Water World is an interesting spa experience in the middle of Lapland. A fascinating atmosphere is created by indoor and outdoor pools, different kinds of saunas, a water slide and variable lights, sounds and other phenomena of nature. Spa is open from 10 a.m till 10 p.m.
Accommodation is right in the heart of Levi. All the services are only a few steps away from the accommodation (Grocery stores, Pistes, Ski tracks, Alko, Restaurants, Clubs etc.). The kitchens of the apartments are well equipped. There is a panel TV, stereos/a DVD-player, a drying cabinet, a sauna and shower(s) in every apartment. Smoking is not allowed inside the apartments! Please notice that some of the apartments have double beds so you may have to share a bed.
Is there wifi in the cabins?:
The is no wifi in the cabins, but remember, we’re in Lapland to enjoy it! Anyway in Saariselkä there is wifi in the “Siula” building, about 1.5 km from the cabins. There is also wifi in bars, located in the center of Saariselkä and “Hotel Holiday Club Spa”.
What should I bring with me?:
- Warm clothes (can be rented for €12/unit/day, or €7 /day only general and boots).
- The bedding or sleeping bag (linen not included but can be rented for 15 € / trip).
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way!)
- Anything else you may need during the trip: money, credit card, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Book your place for only €100…
… and pay the rest 30 days before departure
1. Cancelling 28 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 28 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 15 and 7 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 7 days and 48 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 48 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.
Otros viajes que podrían resultar de tu interés
Arctic Ocean Tour in Norway included in the price! Soak up the Saami culture.
6 days from 335 €
Begins in Helsinki
Lapland , Saariselkä
Discover the magical Lapland! We will sleep in cabins on the Kaunispää Mountain.
6 days from 335 €
Begins in Helsinki