You’ll never forget
An unbeatable price
The Northern Lights
Spectacular natural beauty
Discover the magical region of Lapland! Vasatokka is the best city to see the Northern Lights from, as the Lapland region is situated in the most northern part of Europe. Enjoy the variety of winter sports, learn more about life and culture in the north, meet Santa and his reindeer, and if you dare, swim in the Arctic Ocean
VARIOUS DEPARTURE DATES
Day 1 - Departure
21:00 Departure from Helsinki rw-station square bus stop (Mikonkatu 17)
21:45 Departure from Riihimäki bus station (Matkakeskus)
22:15 Departure from Hämeenlinna tourist bus stop (Wetterhof)
23:30 Departure from Tampere railway station square
Day 2 - Kemi Snow Castle - Santa Clause's Town - Arrival in Lapland
01:45 Departure from Jyväskylä bus station (Matkakeskus)
06:30 Departure from Oulu bus station
07:00 Departure from Oulu university St Lucas Chapel
08.00 Arrival in Kemi, shopping and breakfast stop at Citymarket shopping center & grocery store
10.00 Visiting the Kemi Snow Castle
11.30 Departure from Kemi Snowcastle towards Rovaniemi
14:30 Visiting the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi. In Santa Claus village you can take pictures with the SANTA, cross the magical Arctic circle, have lunch in one of the restaurants, buy souvenirs, send postcards from the Santa’s official post office and have a lunch (we recommend SHELL gas station across the street). Duration 2 h.
Arrival in Vasatokka (estimation). Briefing & lodging. Dinner (for those, who have bought the Halfboard) starts when you arrive to Vasatokka, lasts 1 hour
Day 3 - Cross country Skiing - Snowmobile Safari - Safari in Snowshoes
10:00 Theory of Arctic Skills
10:30 Guided Cross-Country Skiing
12:30 Lunch break (lunch not included)
13:30 Ice Fishing at the Lake Fox
14:30 Making quinzees (igloos) & fire
18:45 Night Snowmobile Safari
23:30 Snow-Shoe Northern Lights hunting + BBQ (Group 1)
Day 4 - Tour to the Arctic Ocean in Norway - Safari in Snowshoes
07:00 Bus departure for the fjord trip to Norway!
20:00 Arrival back. Dinner
21:00 Snow-Shoe Aurora Hunting + BBQ (Group 2)
Day 5 - Reindeer Farm - Siida Museum - Safari in Snowshoes
09:30 Reindeer Farm (Bus 2) Siida Museum (Bus 1)
12:30 Reindeer Farm (Bus 1) Siida Museum (Bus 2)
15:00 K-Market Visit & Souvenir Shop
16:00 Sports Hall opened for collective games (Free of Charge)
21:30 Snow-Shoe Aurora Hunting + BBQ (Group 3)
Day 6 - Husky Safari - Return
08:30 Bus departure to Saariselkä. Check- out
10:00 Husky safari (Group 1)
12:30 Husky safari (Group 2)
16:00 Departure from Saariselkä
20.00 Arrival in Rovaniemi, dinner stop
Day 7 - Return to start points
00.00 Arrival in Oulu
04:00 Arrival in Jyväskylä
06.00 Arrival in Tampere
07.00 Arrival in Hämeenlinna
07.30 Arrival in Riihimäki
09.00 Arrival in Helsinki
* Arrival times are estimates
*The program may suffer changes due to unforseen circumstances due to weather, traffic… or the ability of the group to shower quickly and respect givent meeting times.
- Travel in comfortable private bus to destinations mentioned in the program
- 6 days and 6 nights in typical Finnish cabins and in the bus
- 4 nights in wood cabins in Saariselkä
- 2 nights in the comfortable bus
- Multiple rooms
- Day trip by bus to the Arctic Ocean in Norway
- Visit to Santa Claus’ town in Rovaniemi
- Entrance to the Arktikum Museum
- Visit to the Saariselkä Ski Resort
- All transport costs
- Parking and toll fees
- Group leader throughout the journey
- Assistance throughout the trip
- Tourist guide services
- All that’s not mentioned in “What’s Included”
- Transport up to the departure point
- Travel insurance or cancellation
- Optional activities (you can sign up to these online 7 days before the trip)
- Food (breakfast/lunch/dinner – option of half board)
- Visa or administrative expenses
Take into account:
The are various departure points from Finland to start the trip from. (Check the cities under the “plan” tab to see the pick up points and the corresponding times in each city, transport included in the price).
You can opt to fly to:
- Helsinki: Transport by bus from Helsinki to Lapalnd is included in the price. (Harder trip but cheaper flights).
- Rovaniemi: iTransport by bus from Rovaniemi to Lapland is included in the price. el precio. (Calmer trip but more expensive flights).
To get to Finland there are frequent low cost flights with:
- Norwegian Air
Check prices on the companies’ websites, or with comparison websites like:
If you have any problem regarding flights or schedules, we can give you a hand: read this article or don’t hesitate to contact us!
Arctic survival skills (From €45):
How to survive in the extreme weather conditions? Professional wilderness guides will teach you the basics of making snow houses, ice fishing and Cross-Country Skiing. Price includes rental of necessary gear / warm clothes during all the activities.
- Ice Fishing (1 hour)
- Cross Country Skiing (2 hours)
- Building Snow Houses (1hour)
Saami day (From €35):
Guided tour of Siida Saami Museum. Siida museum in Inari is devoted to Arctic nature and culture of the Saami people, the indigenous nation living in the Northernmost territories of Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia. Museum also has a souvenir shop and a restaurant offer traditional Lappish dishes.
Visit to the Reindeer Farm. On the reindeer farm, you will get familiar with real Saami people and their reindeers, have a small reindeer sledge ride, learn how to use a lasso. After all the reindeers are fed, you will go to the cosy Kota to have a tea break and listen to traditional Joiku Saami songs.
Night safari by Snowmobile (From €75):
You do not need a driver’s licence for this, but previous driving experience is recommended. Snowmobile is shared between 2 persons (price per person is €75), each can drive for about 30 minutes. The route takes you to the top of the fell through beautiful landscapes. Please remeber that the self risk (deductible*) is €900 if the snowmobile is damaged during the excursion.
*The part of the damage, which is not compensated by the insurance company and has to be paid by the client.
Huski Safari (From €65):
Siberian huskies are cheerful and strong dogs those really like to pull sledges! After a short instruction lesson the huskies will take you for a tour through the snowy landscapes. The sledge is shared between two people, each can drive for about 20 minutes. After the safari you will enjoy a warm snack and tea in the base camp.
Safari in snowshoes on a hunt for the northern lights + barbecue (From €30):
We’ll meet in the night to walk in snowshoes. After a short theory class, we’ll use a GPS device to walk through the forest. During the journey we will see aniumal holes and also the Northern Lights, Finally, you’ll learn how to make your own fire and we’ll celebrtate with a good barbecue.
Half board package (from €59):
Vasatokka offers a half board cafeteria. It includes four lunches and four breakfasts. Half board can only be organised with a minimum of 20 people. If 20 people do not sign up, you will be entirely reimbursed.
Spend a week like a true Finnish person! Two types of accommodation are on offer: comfortable wood cabins with a capacity of 6-10 peope, or apartments with 3-6 people.
–Cabins: Electric heating, oven equipped with a stove, fridge, mirowave, coffee machine and basic kitchenware, chimney, TV, bath and hairdryer.
-Apartments: living room with TV, kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave, coffee machine and basic kitchenware, bath.
Is there wifi in the cabins?:
In Vasatokka there is a Wi-Fi- connection and one free client computer in the Vasatokka main building. Please notice, that while there is no Wi-Fi or Internet in the cottages some of the dorm rooms in the main building may catch the main building’s Wi-Fi signal.
What should I bring with me?:
At least the following:
- Warm clothes
- Bedlinen or sleeping bag
- Swimsuit (unless you want to do it the Finnish way)
- Anything else you may need during the trip, money, medicine etc.
- Student card for discounts
- Cash or credit card for program payments
- A small pillow or a special neck cushion for the bus trip.
- Flip flops for Arctic swimming and jumping in the snow after sauna.
Please pay attention, that sheets and bed linen are not included! There are blankets, mattresses and pillows but you will have to bring your sleeping bag or bed linen with you – and towels as well! Bed linen and towels can also be rented at the Reception at the cost of around 10-15 €/set/person/stay.
Book your place for only €100…
… and pay the rest 30 days before departure
1. Cancelling 28 days or more before departure: customer is charged a service fee of €20. Non-EU citizens may also have to pay bank transfer fees.
2. Cancelling between 28 and 15 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 25% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
3. Cancelling between 15 and 7 days before departure: customer is charged a service fee of 50% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
4. Cancelling between 7 days and 48 hours prior to departure: customer is charged a service fee of 75% of the tour price in addition to possible visa and banking/postal charges.
5. If the tour is cancelled less than 48 hours before departure, Unitrips reserves the right to charge the entire price of the tour.